November is Long-Term Care Awareness Month, and we want to help you start your month with all the tools you need! Shane Van Patten, CLTC, E4 Insurance Services Regional Vice President has been helping Financial Professionals proactively integrate insurance into their practices for the past 16+ years.
After both of his parents had long-term care events in their 60’s (with no plans in place), Van Patten has since shifted much of his focus and attention to coaching Financial Professionals on how to have a more comfortable and engaged long-term care planning conversation with their clients.
This discussion will outline (from start to finish) the best practices in long-term planning. Topics specifically covered will be how to identify an ideal client, the entry point into the client conversation, how to create a “plan of care” and finally, discuss the various options available to fund the “plan of care.”
We’ll also highlight seven reasons to proactively engage your clients in LTC Planning:
– Protects your clients’ families (Emotionally, Physically & Financially)
– Fulfills your fiduciary responsibility to clients and their families
– Protects you from liability
– Protects Assets under Management (AUM)
– Additional revenue stream to your practice
– Increases the value of your practice
– Keeps competition out (your clients are someone else’s prospects)